Linda Levene, Design Director of London-based LLI Design, conceptualized the interiors of a five-storey townhouse in Highgate, North London. By way of reconfiguration and the clever use of colour, lighting, and bespoke joinery elements, the home was completely transformed from a traditional Victorian townhouse into a contemporary family living space. The newly refurbished home stays true to its Victorian bones, but at the same time offers elements of modern living such as an open plan layout, multi-functional spaces, expansive windows and indoor-outdoor living.
“A major design problem, which had to be addressed in the overall scheme, was how to make the property feel visually more expansive laterally. To answer the brief, the existing layouts required a total redesign, with careful consideration required on how the dynamics and flow of the spaces would feel. The direction adopted throughout was eclectic with elements of mid-century, contemporary, industrial, and traditional styling all coming together,” says Levene, whose firm bagged a United Kingdom Property Award in the Residential Interior Private Residence London category for this project.
Also read: AD Open Door: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s spectacular London townhouse and studio
- The Best Modern Furniture Stores, No Matter What You’re Searching For
- The Best Mid-Century Modern Furniture Hiding on Amazon
- New Louisville Vintage Store to Specialize in Mid-Century Modern Furniture
- Modern Furniture Classics Made with Tradition: Lucas Schnaidt
- STOCKROOM Presents Modern Pieces of Furniture Made of Best Quality Materials and Put Through Rigorous Quality Checks to Ensure Durability