The Galileo Open Air Cinema’s screenings offer unique entertainment for both locals and tourists, as well as an opportunity to take advantage of Cape Town’s beautiful locations and vistas.
Also read: Dreamy Winelands screenings with the Galileo Open Air Cinema
With only a few tickets remaining for upcoming screenings, don’t miss out on an evening of delicious food, movie magic and an enchanting atmosphere under a canopy of stars.
And what better location than Cape Town’s renowned Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden? A traditional movie theatre couldn’t compete with being surrounded by indigenous trees and set against the foot of Table Mountain.
What’s on next:
- Thursday 30 March: Last Night in Soho | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 31 March: Ghostbusters Afterlife | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 7 April: The Lost City | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Thursday 13 April: The Batman | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Thursday 20 April: Bullet Train | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
Any Galileo Open Air Theatre screening is ideal for romance, an evening with family and friends, birthday celebrations or work socials. Lovely vibes are guaranteed with the help of good music, entertaining games and even a roaming photo booth.
The evening begins with a display of hospitality, organisation and all-around charm as the Galileo crew greets guests, guides them to available lawn spots and assists with picnic setups.
For those who have not yet experienced a Saturday sunset screening, arrive as the gates open at 5pm to take full advantage of the breathtaking mountain vistas, award-winning wines on offer and the delectable on-site artisanal food market.
Bring your own picnic or arrive hungry and enjoy a pre-movie meal prepared by the food vendors. Delicious pizza, juicy burgers, tasty wraps, popcorn and other yummy snacks are available.
For an affordable rate, comfy backrests and warm blankets are available for hire. Autumn evenings can be chilly, so hiring a blanket or bringing your own is recommended.
Arrive early, find a spot on the lush lawns and enjoy an evening of delicious food, refreshing beverages, entertainment and a fun atmosphere.
- Tickets: Buy tickets
- Weekday times: Gates open at 6pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Weekend times: Gates open at 5pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Contact: 071 471 8728 | [email protected]
- Website: thegalileo.co.za
Cape Town’s craft and flea markets are ideal for slow weekend ambles
- 6 stellar reasons to visit Royal Botanical Gardens this summer
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens | Gardening with Gutner
- Father's Day at the Botanical Gardens
- These southern Ontario gardens are the perfect spots to spend an afternoon surrounded by nature
- These southern Ontario gardens are perfect afternoon spots